Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trains and Cell phones bad combo?

Trains…. What makes them so interesting? I’m not sure but we have people in the dead of winter following the trains around, taking pictures. Now I was an art major in college. I can see the draw to a good picture of scenery and train. Personally I’m a little more interested in the crash. I’m not sure if that is part of my generation or not but seeing a locomotive all busted up like the one in this blog is cool to me. Although, as long as no one is too injured.
In the fall of last year, two trains collided in California a passenger train and a commodity train. The death of the passenger train operator was due to him texting some train enthusiasts, young kids I think. This was a huge tragedy. I am sorry for those affected one way or another from that incident. I have wanted to write something about that on this blog since that happened.
Cell phones can be very dangerous even while driving. I know we all feel like we can handle driving and texting or talking on the phone. Even though, the attention to detail is vital while operating a train or driving a car. I think it is important to put things in order of importance, the phone call, driving a car or operating a locomotive. What should it be? Think about it.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Hey there Dewey's Tales! I was so surprised to get a comment from you on my blog...hope all is well with you and your beautiful family. I love reading you're posts. You crack me up with the way you describe your stories. Lots of Love to you!